Introduction to Current Projects
NVTech's current projects span a wide range of activities. Some are inventive developments, others are software projects being undertaken for clients. All involve, wherever possible, the use of Open Source Software and applied science. For reasons of sensitivity, some of these projects are not in the public domain and so cannot be listed here. A summary of those projects that are for publication are as follows:
- Numerically Unique Encrypted Redundant Array (NU-ERA). A technology suite that makes possible the cost-affordable individual indentification of every object of interest (ranging from people to individual pieces of paper1) within any organisation.
- Strata Plan Information software suite (SPInfo). A complete suite of software to manage Strata Title Units.
- Home Theatre PC-based System (HTPC). Based on the Open Source Software applications, "MythTV", this is a low cost PC, large flat panel display and surround sound system, capable of acting as a High Definition TV receiver/recorder, DVD Video Player and High Fidelity Surround Sound System plus all of the other software you would associate with a PC such as Internet, Email, Office-Suite and VoIP telephony system.
- Asterisk-based Private Automatic Telphone Exchange (Aster-PATX). Like HTPC, this is based on an inexpensive PC running Open Source Software (in this instance, "Asterisk"). It saves saves businesses thousands of dollars in telephone call costs.
- Job Tasking and Reporting System(JTaR). JTaR is a software solution that demonstrates how companies providing contracted services can safely and securely utilise a customer's computer network and resources to report their work to their own computer system which is external and separate to the network of their customer.
- Item Tracking and Stocktaking System(ITAS). ITAS is a software application, installed at the Defence National Supply and Distribution Centre, that utilises and demonstrates the value of the NU-ERA tecnology Suite.
- Common Application Front End(CAFE). CAFE is a concept that makes it possible for software applications, created by numerous different contractors, to have the same look and feel. CAFE greatly reduces the need for operator training, minimises the clerical effort associated with data input and application operation and prevents, as much as possible, accidental erroneous data input.
- Communications Administration, Execution, Storage and Retrieval System (CAESARS). CAESARS is a suite of applications that helps users create documents in accordance with the writing conventions of the organisation for which they work. Documents, when "published" either in draft or final form are archived in accordance with the registry conventions of that organisation. CAESARS, when combined with Aster-PATX, is a complete system of executing, administering, storing and retreiving communications of all natures, written and verbal. CAESARS also provides the means by which staff may be tasked, their work planned and scheduled and their performance monitored.
- Low Cost, Metropolitan Area Network(LC-MAN). LC-MAN is the means by which is it possible to set up a low cost, high performance WiFi network in any area, be it an industrial complex, suburbia or a rural village in a developing country. LC-MAN is deliberately designed to require minimal electrical power to operate and so is suitable for deployment in countries and situations where electrical power is not easily accessible.
- The Joiner's Mate. This is a software application designed to provide support to people who have to develop complex quotes relating to the manufacture of windows and doors and other complex assemblies.